Monday, November 10, 2008

Yeah, my Uncle is a soldier...

I've had a lot of Obama on here lately... but my Uncle is also a U.S. soldier and I miss him a lot. He's at Fort Bliss in Texas right now, and was in the Middle East earlier this year. We don't know when he'll be sent back again. He's been stop-loss'd. I asked Mommy what that means, and she said that Uncle Eric volunteered 4 years ago, and that when he was supposed to leave this April. But then the Army said, "Nope, we aren't letting you." So he has to stay and put all of his plans for graduate school on hold. I think that's really mean of the Army to do that. But I still love my Uncle Eric and want him to come home soon.

Happy Veteran's Day to my Uncle Eric and to all of his friends!

4 comments:

  1. Hello dear, it's nice that you had a peep on my site the other day :) I really appreciate it... you really on the cyberfoot all by yourself? That's marvelous!! My dad is a US WWII veteran too, so I'm joining your hands in greeting your uncle in my pop in this important occasion :)Hugz n kisses to you dear. love you! mwaahh!!

    Mommy Juliet - from PinayKeyPoint

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw you on SITs and wanted to come by and say thank you to your brother for his service to our country.

    I can't imagine how hard it must be on him and your family, but know that we appreciate him on this day and everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by today and leaving a comment!~It made my day! This is a great idea! Your daughter will always be able to look back at this blog and see how her life has been documented by her mommy! Kinda like a scrap book! Please come back anytime, you are always welcome! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless your uncle for his service.

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Are you leaving a comment? Yay!