Wednesday, July 22, 2009

When Nainie and Grampa visited around 4th of July....

We went down to Washington, DC to see the Folklife Festival. I took my water bottle because it gets really, really hot on the National Mall.
Then we got on the Metro. I stayed in my stroller, but all that starting and stopping was kind of fun. Apparently, kids in other places don't have a Metro. That's too bad, 'cause I think they are fun, and you meet interesting people along the way.

When we got to the Folklife Festival, one of the groups they were highlighting were the Welsh. Nainie is Welsh, so she was really excited to see the exhibit. We sat and listened to this guy who is storyteller. He told a story about two brothers, a devil, and some really weird magic. It was a long story, but it was a really good one about why the ocean has salty water. I haven't been to the ocean yet, but Mommy said if I jump in and swim for a bit, I'll taste like a peanut.


But the storyteller talked funny. Apparently the Welsh do that.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to DC but definitely plan to take the train from NYC this year.

    Sounds like it was a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be able to imitate a Welsh accent. Now it sounds Indian. *sheesh* Iechyd da! :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Are you leaving a comment? Yay!