Friday, August 7, 2009

Times are tough...

So I got myself a summer job. I'm waitressing at "Sadie's Diner". It's a lot of work, but I think people have been happy with the food.
First, I ask people what they want. Mommy usually wants pizza. Sometimes she asks for weird toppings. She'll say, "Do you have pineapple?" Sometimes I say yes and sometimes I say no. It depends on the shipment. Freshness counts.



Then I go over to the kitchen, put some pepperoni and chesse on the dough, put it in the oven until it's done.

Then I hand it over. I try to smile, but it's really hot in the kitchen.




When she's all done eating, I ask, "All Done?" and take her plate away. Then I realize it's one more dish to clean. *sigh*



Then I do the math on the bill. Add it all together. Carry the one.... and.... then I hand the bill to her.



I don't like it when she stiffs me on the tip.



4 comments:

  1. Now those are some adorable photos!
    Dropped by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love playing restaurant at our house too! So cute when they scribble on their note pad and take the order. Happy Saturday Sharefest to you SITSa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! I see an Easy Bake oven in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me - I like making burgers for my Mom. With all the toppings. And OJ and chocolate milk on the side. But then I have to dump the food on the floor so I can collect the dishes and wash 'em. Bummer having to be short order cook, waitress, bus boy, and kitchen cleanup - all at once!

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Are you leaving a comment? Yay!