Monday, January 25, 2010

You're having a baby? What does this mean? Exclusive Interview with Mommy

This is my reaction when Mommy told me she was having a baby. I thought I was her baby! When did we have the family meeting to discuss this!? It was when I was playing with Mr. Potato Head.... wasn't it?


So, I felt it was only right that I do what a proper blogger does. I decided to interview Mommy about it. She had some explaining to do:

Me: So, is it true you are having ANOTHER baby?
Mommy: Yep, it's true. That's why I haven't been feeling very well, particularly in the evening between 6pm and 8pm. I know you've heard some funny sounds coming from the bathroom, and that's because the baby can make me feel a little sick.

Me: Why would you have another baby if it makes you sick?
Mommy: Well, you actually made me sick all of the time. I was really nauseous when you were this size, but I got through it and we had you. It was worth being sick for awhile.

Me: Why would you want another kid? Aren't I enough?
Mommy: You are MORE than enough. We are very, very lucky to have you. Daddy and I thought that you would also enjoy a little brother or sister. You can play with him/her and teach the ABC song. There are going to be lots of things for you to do together.

Me: Does this mean I have to share my toys?
Mommy: Yes. But we all share in this house. Remember when I shared some of my yogurt with you?

Me: Yes. It was yummy.
Mommy: Imagine sharing lots of yogurt, and toys, and laughs with the new kid.

Me: Is this why you've been really tired lately?
Mommy: Yes, between having the flu, Grandma moving to heaven, and the evening sickness, I've been pretty wiped out. But I still try to make time to hang out with you and do fun things. Didn't we have fun at that birthday party with Elmo and Ernie at the public library?

Me: I'm askin' the questions here. But yes, that was a lot of fun.
Mommy: I'm happy you enjoyed it.

Me: Did Grandma know you were going to have this baby before she moved to heaven?
Mommy: Yes, she did. I think she told all of her friends too. She said it was fantastic! She was betting on a boy.

Me: When should I expect this kid to move in?
Mommy: Around the end of August. The doctor thinks around August 18th.

Me: One more question.... Will I always be your favorite?
Mommy: I will always love you and this new baby equally. I love your Daddy a whole lot too.

Me: You didn't answer the question.
Mommy: I didn't?


Apparently, this is the new kid. (He's the gummy bear on the right):

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Sadie and mommy too. What an exciting adventure you are about to embark on. Siblings always make it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Sadie! Don't worry, you'll get used to having a sibling. It's pretty cool! Jack and Emily have become good friends since he was born and they have lots of fun together. So, please remember to give Mommy lots of love (Daddy too) and be extra good for her because babies can really wear you out, even before they are born!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being a big sister Sadie! Trust me, being the oldest is the best (I had FOUR kids younger than me in my family!) And yes, Mommy and Daddy will always have more than enough love for you and the new kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Sadie and Mommy (and Daddy too)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Congrats, Sadie. And remember, mommy has to say that stuff about loving you equally, but it doesn't have to be true.

    ReplyDelete

Oh! Are you leaving a comment? Yay!