Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Wrap-Up 2010 (Get it, wrap-up?)

I've been learning a lot about how to create a hypothesis on SesameStreet.org. I find this scientific method fascinating and keep playing it over and over. So, I thought I would create my own experiment to see if Santa really came and visited on Christmas Eve.


First, I left cookies and apple cider for Santa. My hypothesis is that when I wake up on Christmas morning, there will be fewer cookies on the plate and less cider in the mug.


Then, I took a break to explain to my little sister Georgie who Santa is and what he does on Christmas Eve. She found it really interesting. Then we went outside and sprinkled some reindeer food - which includes oatmeal, cranberries, glitter, and a bit of magic. Mommy added some extra magic from her stash in the kitchen. Then we went to sleep.


Then I woke up at 4:45am to see if Santa had arrived, but Mommy wouldn't let me go into the other room. She insisted that if I left the bedroom, the gifts magically disappear. They only stay if I sleep a little while longer. So at 6:15am, I bugged her again, and she said it was okay to get up. But she didn't seem super thrilled. This is what I saw! I think Mom and Dad were expecting me to yell and scream and jump around. It was all so overwhelming, I just stood there and stared. Then Mom mentioned the plate and the mug, and went to check out if my hypothesis was right.


It was. My hypothesis was correct - and he even left a thank you note! And I got a dollhouse, and a jump rope, and some new food for Sadie's Diner, and a Strawberry Shortcake matching game, and Hello Kitty lip balm that tastes like marshmallows... and ......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh! Are you leaving a comment? Yay!